The heady days of the 1990s and the early 2000s when new builds arguably 'sold themselves' are long gone. Now, more than ever, as developers look to secure early reservations and sales to advance the financing of new build sites prior to construction, inspiring the typical new home purchaser to appreciate your 'vision' of the perfect home is paramount.
Just visit a new car showroom and see how much store manufacturers put into showing you the vision of driving their brand - and that's for a typical average purchase of £28,000. The average new build home price hit £294,000 in January 2016 - over 10 times the price of a typical car. So, don't fall into the trap of expecting new home buyers to share your vision without assistance!
Low volume house builders, like it or not, are in competition with the big boys when buyers are looking for a new home so you need to step up. State-of-the-art CGI’s, 3D floor plans, Facebook, Twitter, advertising and YES – well designed and printed brochures. Buyers who spend their Sunday habitually touring around surveying what's available locally will grab as much printed literature as possible. Think how we all drool over the latest car brochure we just picked up - will your brochure stand up to the 'coffee table test’? Something that leaves a lasting impression of the very essence of that perfect lifestyle in the house you've spent so much time getting just right? No? The big boys down the road probably have and they ARE the competition.
Our ‘top tips’ for selling your homes;
- Commission good quality CGI’s & 3D floor plans to help your buyers visualise their new home.
- Understand that your competition is ALL new home build sites. Just because you may only have 4 to sell doesn’t mean client’s expectations are any higher.
- Smaller, niche house builders often use higher quality materials, so shout about it in your brochures and sell the difference to stand out.
- If, as a low volume developer, you have no perceived company profile, promote the use of branded fixtures and fittings to associate high quality recognition with your brand.
- Remember – regardless of the market condition, nothing sells itself. An investment in quality marketing materials will give your buyer the vision they need to buy with confidence.
An LABC Warranty gives your client a guarantee of a quality product and peace of mind that they are buying from a responsible developer. Strong marketing showing quality visualisations, the quality of branded fixtures, fittings and finishes is also the 'convincer' that sets your development as the buyer’s preferred choice. £294,000 is a lot of money so clients will want to be assured at all stages and that process starts with quality marketing materials.
Think again - only the brightest lures attract fish that bite!
Crestline are a marketing agency specialising in new build developments. They can provide complete marketing support for your new build site. Visit their website for more information www.propertymarketingservices.co.uk
By Crestline Property Marketing Services