What's new in Version 11
- The Functional Requirements are now at the start of each section of the Technical Manual. This is to enhance readability, meaning users have the requirements readily available when reading any section of the Manual.
- In addition to being moved, the Functional Requirements have also been updated – we recommend that any Technical Manual reader become familiar with the updated requirements.
- Each section of the Technical Manual now begins with a ‘Provision of information’ section, which will outline which information needs to be made available to a Warranty Surveyor before works start.
- Tolerances has been moved to Section 20, and Ground Conditions has been moved to Section 1. This is to highlight the need for more adequate Site Investigation.
- A whole new section Roof Terraces and Balconies – Balconies, Section 12.2, has been introduced.
- Heating Services, Section 15, has been re-written.
- Following a number of claims Section 8, External Doors and Windows, now includes guidance for stacked windows and bi-fold doors.
- External Walls, Section 6, has been re-arranged, and now includes subsections covering guidance on parapet walls, external wall insulation, and brick slips.
- Section 2, Basements, has been edited to be clearer about the need for sufficient information to be provided as early as possible.
A full log of all changes included in the new Technical Manual is available for download here.
When the new guidance applies
The guidance in Version 11 will apply to any warranty quotes accepted on or after February 1, 2023. If you accepted a quote from LABC Warranty before this date, your site is likely to be adhering to one of the previous versions of the Technical Manual – the quote that you accepted from LABC Warranty will reflect this.
Archived copies of older LABC Warranty Technical Manuals are available here, once you have downloaded the most recent Technical Manual.
Requesting physical copies of the Technical Manual
Physical paper copies of the LABC Warranty Technical Manual are available for your site. To enquire about physical editions, please speak to your LABC Warranty Account Manager, or your Risk Management Surveyor. Either would be happy to help with securing physical editions for your site.
Please note that there may be a nominal fee for physical copies of the Technical Manual.
Questions about our Technical Guidance
If you have any questions about how the new guidance in the Technical Manual might affect your site, you’re welcome to get in touch. If your site is in progress, your first port of call is your Risk Management Surveyor, who will be able to answer your enquiry.
If there’s a question that only our dedicated Technical Team can answer, you’re welcome to contact them through firstname.lastname@example.org, who will handle your request.
For any other questions, your LABC Warranty Account Manager will be able to help.