How the structural warranty quotation process works
Are you ready to apply for a quote but you are unsure of the process? This article outlines the main steps for obtaining a quotation for warranty approval from LABC Warranty.
How to apply for a structural warranty quotation
Applying for a quotation from LABC Warranty is straightforward and several options are available to you.
- If you are a previous customer, the quickest way to apply is via the customer Extranet. Using the Extranet will save time as we will already hold some information about you and you will not need enter this again.
- For all new customers, you can choose to apply online here. Please check you have the required information before you begin, as unfortunately you will be unable to save any progress on the form.
If you prefer, you can download PDF application forms here. There are specific forms for New Homes and Social Housing, Self-Build and Completed Projects, Private Rental Homes and Commercial developments.
If yours is a high-value scheme or a bigger scheme with more than 100 units, you may wish to speak to one of our account managers. Find the account manager for your area (based on your main office address, not the development site address) by using our online map and account manager contact download.
It is worth noting at this point that we are unable to provide structural warranties for barn conversions.
How long does the process take?
We aim to get a quote to you within 5 working days following receipt of all required information. It may be sooner than this if we have worked with you previously and you are submitting via the Extranet. The reason it takes this amount of time is because our underwriters need to assess the scope of the project, the potential risks associated with it, and the skills and experience of all parties involved in the construction of the development.
Unlike quoting for car or home insurance, it is a complex and often bespoke task. They work carefully and conscientiously to provide you with as accurate a quote as possible, based on the information available.
How do we calculate your quote?
Factors affecting your quote will include but not be restricted to the following:
- The nature of the site and its immediate environment, including climactic conditions
- The nature of the development – it’s size, complexity and build methods
- Potential risks associated with the site and the scope of the project
- Potential risks associated with the main parties involved in construction
- Regulatory, financial and other associated factors
As a general rule of thumb, projects that do not employ bespoke designs and materials or inexperienced contractors will attract lower premiums. Nevertheless, every project is quoted for individually based on these parameters and other factors highlighted above. Please be very wary of making generalisations or assumptions, even if you have previous experience.
Get a quote today
If you are ready to proceed, apply via our Extranet (existing customers only) complete the online form here, download a PDF version here or get in touch with your local account manager for an informal discussion.
Please Note: Every care was taken to ensure the information in this article was correct at the time of publication. Any written guidance provided does not replace the reader’s professional judgement and any construction project should comply with the relevant Building Regulations or applicable technical standards. However, for the most up to date LABC Warranty technical guidance please refer to your Risk Management Surveyor and the latest version of the LABC Warranty technical manual.