How long does the process take?
We aim to get a quote to you within 5 working days following receipt of all required information. It may be sooner than this if we have worked with you previously and you are submitting via the Extranet. The reason it takes this amount of time is because our underwriters need to assess the scope of the project, the potential risks associated with it, and the skills and experience of all parties involved in the construction of the development.
Unlike quoting for car or home insurance, it is a complex and often bespoke task. They work carefully and conscientiously to provide you with as accurate a quote as possible, based on the information available.
How do we calculate your quote?
Factors affecting your quote will include but not be restricted to the following:
- The nature of the site and its immediate environment, including climactic conditions
- The nature of the development – it’s size, complexity and build methods
- Potential risks associated with the site and the scope of the project
- Potential risks associated with the main parties involved in construction
- Regulatory, financial and other associated factors
As a general rule of thumb, projects that do not employ bespoke designs and materials or inexperienced contractors will attract lower premiums. Nevertheless, every project is quoted for individually based on these parameters and other factors highlighted above. Please be very wary of making generalisations or assumptions, even if you have previous experience.
Get a quote today
If you are ready to proceed, apply via our Extranet (existing customers only) complete the online form here, download a PDF version here or get in touch with your local account manager for an informal discussion.