Homeowners - New Home Warranty FAQs

For homeowners whose new home is covered by one of our structural warranties.

How do I make a claim?

You can either make a claim using the online claim form on our website or by downloading a copy of the paper claim form and posting a completed copy back to us.

The process will vary slightly depending on what period of insurance your home is currently under i.e. the defects insurance period or the structural insurance period. This is because different defects may be covered under the defects period which will be rectified by your builder/developer than the structural insurance period. Where only major defects resulting in damage to the structure of the home will be covered.

For more information on how to make a claim, check out our make a claim page.

What if I have a query when filling out the form?

If you have any queries when completing the form whether it is online or on the printed version please contact our claims team on 0800 183 1755 or claims@labcwarranty.co.uk and they will assist you.

What is the consumer code for home builders?

The Consumer Code is a set of requirements and best practice that our builders/developers adhere to ensure that home buyers are:

• Treated fairly
• Know what service levels to expect
• Given reliable information upon which to make their decisions
• Know how to access speedy, low-cost dispute-resolution arrangements if they are dissatisfied

How do I make a complaint under the consumer code?

You must first lodge your complaint to your builder/developer. If you are not satisfied that your complaint has been dealt with effectively you should contact us as your warranty provider to register a complaint.

If the complaint falls outside of our dispute resolution scheme you will be informed about the Independent Dispute Resolution Scheme.

For more information about the consumer code please visit www.consumercode.co.uk