To assist in providing comprehensive technical training to Surveyors, Graduates, Inspectors and other technical staff within the organisation ensuring continuous development in relation to the delivery of risk management surveying practices of technical staff and customers.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
- To support the Technical Training Manager with the aim to provide an efficient & comprehensive technical training structure for MDIS both for the UK and overseas markets.
- Ongoing liaison with the Surveying Network with regards to demands for Technical Training.
- To produce and maintain technical training modules and training competency tests on the Learning Hub & regularly review statistical data.
- Reviewing Technical Reports, conducting mock interviews and providing constructive feedback to Trainee Surveyors, Part Qualified Surveyors & Graduates who are working towards RICS & CABE professional membership.
- To deliver Risk Management training at area team meetings and external training to Developers, Architects and Building Control Bodies as and when required and as competency permits.
- To contribute towards the effective delivery of virtual training and delivering webinars
- To assist in the delivery of the annual technical training conference
- To provide Technical articles as and when required for both internal and external customers.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
- Degree level graduate in Building Surveying minimum 2.1. Full Member or Surveyor / Engineer (MRICS, MCIOB, MCABE, MIStructE, or similar).
- Post qualification experience.
- Technical knowledge of Building Regulations, associated legislation and other relevant construction standards and the ability to continue to research and develop.
- Proven experience and knowledge of the pathways towards professional membership bodies associated with Warranty and Building Control (CABE, RICS,CIOB)
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create good working relationships with the surveying network and other construction professionals.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Good IT Skills including fully conversant with Auto Cad.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Flexible in personal approach
- Excellent Communications skills.
- Required to travel and Driving License required.