Technical Services Area Surveyor – South
- Job Title | Technical Services Area Surveyor – South
- Reports to | TSD Surveying Manager
- Department | MDWSS
- Location | South of England
A Building Surveyor to provide professional, technical, building and construction expertise to existing and prospective, internal and external customers as required from site surveys and desk top reviews.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
- Undertake Building Surveys to assess their suitability to be refurbed and converted involving historical buildings, offices, large properties split into multi occupancy apartments.
- Ongoing liaison with internal customers providing support on technical matters relating to refurbishments and conversions of properties were our insurance will be provided,
- To provide technical support and technical investigation/analysis to internal departments relating to issues raised by Homeowners in the first two years of their Warranty and inspect sites and undertake reports and desk top reviews to determine the defect and compliance with our technical standards.
- Provide succinct accurate advice and reports to the claims department on the technical cause of claims by reviewing third party reports or attending site to draw your own technical conclusions.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
- Qualified Surveyor / Engineer (MRICS, MBEng, MIStructE, CIOB, CABE or similar).
- Post qualification experience.
- Good technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
- Excellent Communications and report writing skills.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Good IT Skills.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Experience of Relationship Management.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Full UK Driving Licence.