Suverying Inspector - Sutton Coldfield, Stafford
- Job Title | Suverying Inspector - Sutton Coldfield, Stafford
- Reports to | Regional Manager
- Department | MD Warranty Inspection Services
- Location | Home based (requires travel) - Sutton Coldfield, Stafford
To provide site inspection and building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of construction sites registered for MDIS Warranty schemes. Assist fully qualified Risk Management Surveyors in their risk management role.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of post include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting homes being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
- Carrying out final inspections on completed homes.
- Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
- Carry out Developer assessments at the completion of projects.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
- Provide advice to line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
- Surveyor, Clerk of Works, Residential construction inspector.
- Relevant experience within similar role desirable.
- HNC/HND or (S)NVQ Level 4 in a construction related discipline with minimum grades
accepted: Student member of RICS / CIOB / CABE / ICWCI.
- Knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
- Basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals
but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
If you would like to apply, please call 0800 183 1755 for more information or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org