Risk Surveyor - Carlisle/ Durham/ Teeside
- Job Title | Risk Surveyor - Carlisle/ Durham/ Teeside
- Reports to | Regional Management
- Location | Home Based (requires travel)
To provide site inspection and technical building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of construction sites registered for LABC Warranty.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting homes being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
- Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers and colleagues.
- Carry out Developer assessments at the start and completion of projects.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
- Provide advice to Line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
- Ensure inspections target a zero claims ratio.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills – Person Specification
- Fluent in English language.
- Proficient in English communications (written and oral).
- Part / Full member of professional body. Minimum Grades accepted: TechRICS / ACIOB / CABE / LICWCI or similar
- Relevant experience within building construction.
- An understanding of regulatory controls.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desireble.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Full Driving Licence for use in the UK.
If you would like to apply, please call 0800 183 1755 for more information or email your CV to email@example.com