Risk Management Surveyor - Lancashire
- Job Title | Risk Management Surveyor - Lancashire
- Reports to | Regional Management
- Department | MD Warranty Inspection Services
- Location | Home based (requires travel) - Lancashire
To provide site inspection and technical building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of construction sites registered for LABC Warranty.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of post include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting homes being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
- Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
- Carry out Developer assessments at the completion of projects.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters - to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
- Provide advice to line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
- Ensure inspections target a zero claims ratio.
Experience / Skills
- Part / Full member of professional. Minimum Grades accepted: TechRICS / ACIOB / CABE / LICWCI or similar.
- Relevant Building Control, plan check and site inspection or Warranty experience, or a combination of both.
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
- Flexible in personal approach
- Full UK Driving Licence
If you would like to apply, please call 0800 183 1755 for more information or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org