Risk Management Surveyor (Inspection Support Team) (all areas – UK)
- Job Title | Risk Management Surveyor (Inspection Support Team) (all areas – UK)
- Reports to | Regional Management
- Department | MD Warranty Inspection Services
- Location | Home based (requires travel throughout the UK)
To provide site inspection and technical building and construction expertise relating to the risk management of construction sites registered for MDIS Warranty schemes. The role is part of a team of surveyors who will be ‘on call’ to provide short term support to the teams when there is absence or specific workload pressures. The role can be undertaken anywhere in the UK, and the location will vary on a weekly basis.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
- Inspecting homes being constructed and / or converted, working closely with Developers and Builders to ensure as far as is reasonably possible the works are in accordance with the Technical Manual and Building Regulations.
- Effectively self manage, by forward planning own workload, to provide a responsive, helpful and professional service whilst maximising time spent on site.
- Recording inspection details on the data base and communicating comments to customers.
- Ongoing liaison with Surveyors and Management on technical matters – to ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Ongoing liaison with Developers / Clients / Builders, offering technical advice and guidance.
- Provide advice to line Manager on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
Experience / Skills
- Part / Full member of professional organisations with minimum grades accepted: TechRICS / ACIOB / ACABE / LICWCI or similar.
- Relevant BC experience, plan check and site inspection and relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience. Extensive experience of different construction methods, as well as experience of defect resolution issues.
- Appropriate knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations, associated legislation and construction standards.
- A demonstrable understanding of latent defect risk management and the methods for mitigating claims.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative, and have good planning and process understanding skills.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Customer Services skills and experience of Relationship Management.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Ability to fulfil the mobility requirements of the RMS role, including (but not limited to) the ability to;
- move around a site
- climb ladders
- work at height
- drive reasonable distances
- Proficient in English communications (written and oral).
If you would like to apply, please call 0800 183 1755 for more information or email your CV to email@example.com