- Job Title | Regional Manager
- Reports to | Regional Director
- Department | MD Warranty Inspection Services
- Location | Home based (requires travel across the UK)
To support the Regional Director in achieving our zero claims mission statement by managing a surveying team in the provision of technical audits and risk managements processes.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of post include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor staff and business KPI's to achieve targets, or provide analysis as to reasons for failure, and steps required to remedy - with the aim of continuous improvement.
- Review MI as required and agreed with Surveying Director to ensure risk is being managed in accordance with processes.
- Ensure the surveyors across the network operate within existing procedures and guideline to achieve a consistent and high quality service.
- Monitor service levels to ensure they are maintained to all sites, with priority given to high risk projects and key account developments.
- Support and develop a designated team of Surveyors, ensuring they work to agreed Building Regulation and company standards, including monitoring of reports and performance. Ensure audit processes reduce claims and target a zero claims ratio for the surveying team.
- Monitor claims feedback and review and discuss issues with surveyors. Report on individual claims notifications.
- Ongoing liaison with surveyors on technical matters – ensuring that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Undertake Audits (accompanied and unaccompanied) & Sampling on team members - frequency as per procedures.
- Perform annual appraisals & also 3/6 month probationary reviews for new team members. Monitor competency training of new staff.
- Manage surveyors PDP's and objectives to ensure they are achieved.
- Work with the Surveyor and Technical Training Manager in order to monitor and develop knowledge, CPD records, training needs, PPE & CSCS cards for the team.
- Ensure that unpaid site visits are minimised and managed appropriately to reflect adequate risk management.
- Manage the team’s contribution to KMS, newsletters & technical articles and other internal reviews of the business.
- Manage team’s workload to ensure appropriate balance of economies and risk management and provide Surveying Director with recruitment plan.
- Undertake recruitment selection and induction process.
- Support the Regional Director in assessing potential new business opportunities.
- Undertake joint & individual meetings with existing clients & potential customers (Warranty) in support of the activities of the Business Development & Sales teams.
- Ongoing liaison with developers/clients – offer technical advice and guidance.
- Provide advice to the Marketing and Underwriting Departments on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
- Qualified Surveyor / Engineer (MRICS, MBEng, MIStructE, or similar).
- Post qualification experience.
- Experience within similar role
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations and other relevant construction standards.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Understanding of Building Regulations and associated legislation.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects
- Management skills and experience of managing remote teams.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively with members of the public.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Experience with MS Office package and excellent IT abilities
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Experience of Relationship Management.
- Excellent Communications skills.
- Flexible in personal approach
- Full UK Driving Licence
If you would like to apply, please call 0800 183 1755 for more information or email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org