- Job Title | Project Manager
- Reports to | HVS Director
- Department | MDWSS
- Location | Home working (requires travel)
To support the HVS Director in ensuring large high rise and/or complex projects, including HVS projects are effectively and efficiently risk managed, ensuring adequate resource and planning are in place.
To provide support and engage in the commercial development of their territory, working with other departments to maximise opportunity to meet and exceed growth budgets.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
- To manage the overall risk management technical audit for HVS developments and those that fall into the appropriate category requiring the enhances audit process.
- Interact with internal resource and external consultants to ensure appropriate level of competence is applied to the audit and own the risk management from enquiry to completion.
- Support and develop a designated team of Project Co-ordinators and Surveyors, including mentoring and arranging training as required to achieve core competencies and, ensuring they work to agreed risk management standards.
- Undertake Audits & Sampling on projects - frequency as per procedures.
- Assist the Regional Managers in the allocation of new work/projects to surveyors based on experience and complexity, having regard to monitoring and balancing workload within the team.
- Advise and assist the Head of Building Control on BC fee discounts and inspection requirements.
- Monitor service levels to ensure they are maintained to all relevant sites, with appropriate priority given to high risk projects.
- Monitor site specific KPI’s, relating to service delivery and appropriate risk management with a target of continuous improvement.
- Contribute to Knowledge Management Articles, newsletters & technical articles and other internal reviews of the business.
- Attendance at technical meetings, sales and management meetings.
- Interview, with the head of surveying, applicants for surveying roles as necessary.
- Ongoing liaison with surveyors on technical matters – must ensure that standards are being maintained and procedures adhered to.
- Provide advice to the Marketing and Underwriting Departments on technical areas so that team members are fully informed when dealing with potential clients.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required.
- Qualified Surveyor / Engineer (MRICS, MBEng, MIStructE, or similar) and relevant post qualification experience.
- In depth technical knowledge of Building Regulations (including guidance in the Approved Documents), MDIS Technical Standards and other relevant construction standards including British Standards/Codes of Practise and relevant European Technical Standards.
- Requires basic understanding of general insurance principals and terminology desirable.
- Ability to undertake site inspections to assess both quality and the cause/effect of building defects.
- Management skills and experience of managing remote teams.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- In depth working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel and ability to use company intranet system (including all bespoke packages).
- Ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Experience of Relationship Management.
- Excellent Communications skills.
- Flexible in personal approach
- Full UK Driving Licence