IT Automation Quality Assurance Tester
- Job Title | IT Automation Quality Assurance Tester
- Reports to | IT QA Manager
- Department | IT
- Location | Head Office (Birkenhead)
To support the delivery of quality software systems under the direction of the IT QA Manager who will allocate activities and projects/QA test personnel. This position does not have line management responsibilities.
To carry out test tasks outlined in the test strategy, with a focus on automated testing and using existing experience to ensure systems are robust, usable and developed in line with the user and business requirements. Writes and maintains automated tests to a high level of quality including supporting frameworks and test data.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
- To advise QA and wider IT team on Automation testing best practise
- To implement and maintain effective automation test frameworks using appropriate tools
- To defines, develop and implement automation practices and procedures, test plans and other QA assessments under the support of the QA Manager
- To work with delivery team to drive software delivery best practices and process improvements throughout the department
- To implement automated solutions whoever possible and appropriate for relevant testing types including, but not limited to functional and performance testing
- To be responsible for the overall success of automation testing on assigned projects throughout the development lifecycle
o Working directly with appropriate personnel to understand project concept, objectives and approach of software development projects
o Defining scope and objectives, deliverables of all levels of automation
o Produce automation test reports to the QA test manager in a timely manner
o Focusing on deadlines and deliverables ensuring tests are correct, up to date and have the required coverage
o Creating effective manual and automated test plans
o Ensure all tests are source controlled correctly
o Working with the team to evaluate software requirements to create comprehensive test plans, time estimates, resource and procedures for all product releases
o Participating in all aspects of testing, including functional, non-functional, regression, performance and system testing.
o Working collaboratively with development during all stages of projects to provide in process testing results.
o Recording and reporting on testing metrics. Tracks and reports defects using appropriate tools such as Jira
o Ensuring the suitability of test environments and test data, making recommendations where appropriate
Experience / Skills
- An ISEB/ISTQB Certificate in software testing, or Quality Assurance and Software Testing Certification,
- Commercial testing experience using different methodologies including but not limited to agile, waterfall and v model
- Effective estimation, planning and organisational skills with the ability to adapt to change and perform effectively under pressure
- Demonstrable experience of using Selenium for automated testing, with C#
- Support and contribute to the implementation of QA methodologies and test strategies
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Ability to support the training of development of other members of the test and other teams as required
- Experienced user of SQL
- To be able to work independently
- To think abstract and to not conform to the norm
- Can challenge constructively