- Job Title | Business Analyst
- Reports to | Head of IT
- Department | IT Department
- Location | Shore Lines, Birkenhead, Wirral
- Closing Date | August 17
To own and manage projects allocated by the Head of IT ensuring project plans are created and maintained and project objectives are delivered in accordance with these plans. To oversee all the project life cycle stages from feasibility through to implementation.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the Head of IT to identify and define potential projects for the business
- Develop an understanding of how current systems support the relevant business areas, pro-actively identifying opportunities for improvement to the business processes and to the supporting IT systems. This involves assisting with the internal auditing exercises for the functional
- Ensure project plans are created and maintained and project objectives are delivered in accordance with these plans, ensuring regular communication with the Head of IT to report project status. Recommend appropriate allocation of project resource to meet project and support
- Ensure key project risks and issues are successfully
- Manage projects under your control through all the stages of the project life cycle, including requirements capture and solution design, supporting technical design, developing test strategies and executing system tests, supporting User Acceptance Testing, implementation planning, and handover to BAU to enable effective operational running of systems once implemented. Ensure each project adheres to the appropriate project development standards and
- Maintain an open working relationship with vendors throughout the project life cycle whilst ensuring they meet agreed time and quality standards.
- Ensure that system design proposals produced by you, vendors, or the business meet the requirements of the business.
- Support the IS&T development and testing function by fielding and resolving questions raised during systems development.
- Enhancement & configuration of business applications and their associated interfaces in accordance with business requirements, and understanding system connectivity and dependencies.
- Build & maintain positive working relationships within the IT team and the business areas including senior functional managers, directors, and IT colleagues to make LABC Warranty IT a go-to department for help and guidance.
- Provide support and assistance to other members of the team and sharing knowledge to make sure all team members can do the best job they
- Provide on-going advice and guidance to all groups when necessary.
- Provide out of hours support for LABC Warranty core systems when required.
- Motivate your project team. Provide frequent recognition for the efforts and results of your project team to promote high levels of employee engagement.
- Provide input for performance appraisals.
- Ability to make decisions under pressure and be aware of consequences of own and teams’ actions.
Experience / Skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics tool
- Degree or HND in a Computer or Mathematical related discipline.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Strong influencing skills.
- Project lifecycle knowledge of at least one industry recognised Project control methodology.
- Ideally, a working knowledge of some or all of the following technologies: Microsoft .Net, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL server, XML, Java script, ASP .net.
- Ability to assess and evaluate the latest trends in the insurance and IT industries for recommending solutions for business system opportunities.
If you would like to apply, please call 0800 183 1755 for more information or email your CV to email@example.com