Who will be crowned Site Manager of the Year 2019?
We are just days away from finding out who will win Site Manager of the Year at the LABC Building Excellence Awards 2019.
A total of 16 hopefuls will join the great and the good from the building sector for the glamourous annual awards ceremony held in London on Friday (November 8).
The LABC Warranty Site Manager of the Year category, is one of 11 categories being judged at LABC’s prestigious event.
Regional winners vying to be Site Manager of the Year
Developers from across the UK, large and small, are represented by the 16 site managers who triumphed at LABC’s regional finals held throughout 2019.
Their developments range from large housing sites to multi-storey buildings and heritage refurbishment and regeneration projects.
The contenders are:
- Jason Oakley from Bloor Homes, for Ampthill Chase
- Aaron Nevill from Nevill Developments, for Tilkey Road
- David MacDonald from Willmott Dixon Construction, for Woodthorpe and Winchester
- Chris Hayden from Berkeley St Edward, for West End Gate
- Jonathan Gray from Gray & Sons, for Holly Tree Court
- Radoslav Ivanchev from Persimmon Homes, for The Oaks
- Mark Bailey from M H Stainton, for The Broadway
- Martin Hunt from Dere Street Homes, for Wynyard Rise
- Chris Banfield from Gemselect, for Archery Road
- Brian Thomas James from Hale Construction, for Albert Town
- Kevin McKernon from Whitelock Group, for 15 Alton Road
- Daniel Royce from Willmott Dixon, for Old Road Conisbrough
- Mick Rose and Peter Hurst from Bloor Homes, for The Brambles
- Simon Kay from Ashford Homes, for Preston Leigh
- Sandy Young from Esh Construction, for Harley Green
About the Site Manager of the Year Awards
Through our partnership with LABC, the LABC Warranty Site Manager Award is a special category presented at LABC’s Building Excellence award ceremonies.
LABC Warranty works with over 3,000 sites nationally and our risk management surveyors nominate site managers for the quality of their work. A total of 47 site managers were commended in the regional awards, with 16 going forward to the national finals.
Site Manager of the Year Head Judge Mike Swatton said: “The standard of work by these and many more site managers continues to impress, ensuring that as we build the homes the country needs we maintain and improve standards across the board. They are a credit both to their employers and the sector as a whole.”
Award-winning comedian and Mock the Week regular Milton Jones is the host for Friday’s event’s at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge.
Please Note: Every care was taken to ensure the information in this article was correct at the time of publication. Any written guidance provided does not replace the reader’s professional judgement and any construction project should comply with the relevant Building Regulations or applicable technical standards. However, for the most up to date LABC Warranty technical guidance please refer to your Risk Management Surveyor and the latest version of the LABC Warranty technical manual.