In the latest of our ‘spot the defect’ challenge we take a look at service pipes through a rendered external.
Have a look at the below image and try and spot the potential issues.
What did you spot?
The photo shows the following issues;
- The DPC has been bridged by the render;
- Render is taken too low and bridges the horizontal DPC
- A proprietary render stop should be installed to terminate the render above the DPC
- DPC damaged by insertion of waste pipes
- All service penetrations should be neat and above DPC level.
Full details on the application of render can be found in section 7.7.1 of the LABC Warranty Technical Manual. We also have the following articles you may be interested in;
By Anna Symington
Please Note: Every care was taken to ensure the information in this article was correct at the time of publication. Any written guidance provided does not replace the reader’s professional judgement and any construction project should comply with the relevant Building Regulations or applicable technical standards. However, for the most up to date LABC Warranty technical guidance please refer to your Risk Management Surveyor and the latest version of the LABC Warranty technical manual.