UPDATED: Help to Buy and stamp duty deadlines are coming...are you on track?

The stamp duty holiday in England and Wales is due to finish on 30 June 2021 and the current Help to Buy scheme on 31 May 2021. The next few months will be a busy time for completions to meet this deadline. Don’t worry, LABC Warranty is here to help. 

Download and print your completion checklist

So that we can support you, please take note of the following points:

1. Completion forecasts

Discuss your forecasted completions with your Risk Management Surveyor and ensure any outstanding information shown on your technical overview is up to date. These can be found via the LABC Warranty Extranet and attached to each site inspection report.  

2. Drainage testing

If drainage tests are to be carried out at the same time as the pre-handover inspection please ensure these are made ready.

3. Inspection request

Give as much notice as possible to your Risk Management Surveyor when booking a final inspection, our minimum requirement is 24 hours’ notice.

4. Make sure the plot is ready

Ensure the plot is ready at the time of inspection and will pass the UK Finance Logic Test.

  • Will it be a claim?
  • Will it cause a major disruption to the homeowner?
  • Is it a health and safety risk to the homeowner?

5. Certification

Make sure all your commissioning certificates are ready and available on or before the time of inspection.

6. Covid

The plot should be presented in line with Standard Operational Procedures and Risk and Method Statements to ensure compliance with Covid requirements.


Why not download a copy of this checklist and pin it to your site noticeboard?

Download and print your completion checklist

  • If you have any further questions please speak to your risk management surveyor.


Please Note: Every care was taken to ensure the information in this article was correct at the time of publication. Any written guidance provided does not replace the reader’s professional judgement and any construction project should comply with the relevant Building Regulations or applicable technical standards.

Was this post helpful? /