Inspection Training and Development Manager
- Job Title | Inspection Training and Development Manager
- Reports to | Managing Director
- Department | MDWIS
- Location | Remote – Nationwide travel required
Working with the group Technical Training Manager to provide comprehensive support to the recruitment, induction and integration process for new staff (including contractors), specifically for inspection and process training of new staff, tracking and supporting professional membership progression.
Overview of Responsibilities
Duties of the post include, but are not limited to:
- To support Regional Managers in the development of new staff, developing competence based training plans to ensure that the induction plan is followed and adhered to.To liaise with the group
- Technical Training Manager to ensure that technical competency requirements are met.
- To co-ordinate with professional bodies to ensure that training internally is up to date and relevant.
- To assist in review of applications for RMS, support interviews (carried out by managers), review outcomes and plan training of new starters prior to employment commencement.
- To analyse training needs of new starters via competency assessments and implement effective process and system training as required up to 6 month sign off.
- To manage the competency assessment of contractors.
- To manage the co-ordination, training and development of all trainees.
- To provide support, and to track progress of staff working towards professional membership.
- Any other reasonable duties which are appropriate to the role.
Experience / Skills
- Full member of professional organisations with minimum grades accepted: MRICS / MCIOB / MCABE / MICWCI or similar.
- Good planning skills and a methodical approach to organisation.
- Relevant BC experience, plan check and site inspection and relevant warranty, quality or defect resolution experience.
- Extensive experience of differing construction methods, as well as experience of defect resolution issues.
- Experience and understanding of high risk areas of construction, such as flat roofs, basements, cladding systems, etc. is essential.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the Building Regulations, associated legislation and construction standards.
- Management Skills. Previous management experience is essential.
- Experience in the delivery of training and development of others in groups and individually.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of construction techniques.
- Requires a good understanding of general insurance principals and terminology.
- Commercial awareness and ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to create not only good working relationships with other construction professionals but to be able to deal effectively staff of MDIS.
- The ability to meet deadlines and manage own workload within agreed parameters.
- In depth working knowledge of MS Outlook (email), MS Word, MS Excel and ability to use company intranet system (including all bespoke packages).
- Demonstrable ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to motivate self and influence others.
- Excellent Communications skills. Confident in approach, with the ability to work across all levels of the business.
- Flexible in personal approach.
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Proficient in communications (written and oral).